Old faces, new places.


It's that time of the year again where everyone wants to meet up before people start leaving college. So, a group of 9 of us from primary school - Abigail, Carol, Chooi Jing, Darren, Iza, Joshua, Justin, Yu Jun and I decided to meet up right before Carol had to leave that very afternoon. This was incredibly last minute because we quite literally planned it the night before and surprisingly managed to get a full attendance! 9/9 of Chinese-man-with-hat-emoji-x8 + Indian-man-with-turban-emoji. (Yes, that is our Whatsapp group's name. Go figure.)


We had lunch at Nana's Green Tea Cafe! Sadly, no pictures from there and I didn't get to try the dessert. Partly because I was too busy talking and laughing too hard and just being really happy that I got to see all of them again. We then decided that we needed a round table to properly see everyone who's there and so we headed to Hokkaido Ichiba to order ocha and (really really really overpriced) ice cream. Truth be told, we really only wanted their table. Sorry Hokkaido.






It was great finally getting together and talking about what's been happening in each other's lives. To think that 6 years ago we just finish primary school, and now it's time for us to start college. Pretty amazing. It was quite like old times when we went to Sushi Zanmai to hang after visiting PC2 for their Children's Day. Everyone is still the same goofy, weird and extremely funny people that we always were. I guess some things don't really change, do they?


After that, everyone had to leave and there was only Iza, Justin, Yu Jun and I left. We then decided to head to H&M just to dress Justin up because why not? But Justin didn't end up buying anything and I got a pair of high-waist jeans instead. P/S: Justin's not in any of the photos because he's busy changing into the clothes that we picked out for him. It was funny seeing 3 girls waiting on 1 guy coming in and out of the changing room. But we had fun. 




And then there were 3 - Iza, Yu Jun and myself because Justin left for dinner with his family. We got tired of walking around doing nothing so we headed to Franco (formerly known as Miam Miam) for an early dinner!




Franco aka Miam Miam is a French Japanese fine casual dining cafe at the Ground floor, Old Wing of 1 Utama. (Apparently they're opening at the Curve very soon!) We went there at about 6pm so there weren't many people yet, but slowly as time passed more and more people came in and I was glad we made it earlier. Since we weren't that hungry and also because Yu Jun gave us fair warning about the portion of the food here, we decided to share!
    


The SoufflĂ© de Nuage! It's a home-style fresh tomato sauteed rice topped with fluffy clouds of egg and cheese. At first sight I thought it would be really cheesy and that I would've gotten super jelak of it very easily but man, was I wrong. The eggs and cheese on top was so incredibly fluffy, you have no idea how light it feels in your mouth. Nuage actually means cloud in french (yes I did my research) so it really does feel like you're eating a cloud and it's melting in your mouth. Mmm.

Only remembers to take photo of how the inside looks like when we're 80% done destroying it.


This is what a spoonful of the souffle would look like if you scoop from the top of the crust to the bottom of the rice. I've read other people's reviews on this and it's believable that they ordered this for one person only but even when I shared with 2 other people, I was only the verge of being quite jelak of it when we were done already. Maybe my tolerance for cheese is low. Oh well.

Of course, we didn't forget the dish that this restaurant is known for - the French toast. Question is, is it as good as everyone says it is? Is this really worth all the rave?



Yes, yes it is.

The toast is much denser and thicker than ordinary bread and it's pan fried to perfection and to top it off, whip cream, icing sugar and maple syrup. From what everyone said, we were thinking that it might take a while before we could get our hands on it but this came first before the souffle! Normally people would wait hours for this so we were happy.

Before this, I was wondering why would anyone in their right mind pay more than rm15 for French toast that you can easily make at home? But that day I've been proved wrong once again. I would definitely pay for this heavenly goodness. And we ordered it before 6pm so it came with a free drink of coffee or tea, too. Bless the Lord for His great timing.

It was a good day with good people and really, really, really good food. I'm definitely looking forward to 5 years ahead when we will hopefully find a day to meet up again. And also, if you're reading this and you want to meet up, please do call me or whatever! Because I have so much time in my hands and I want to see you all.

Have a great week ahead! ☺


**

Franco
1 Utama Shopping Centre (Lot 146, G Floor),
48200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3-7731 8923
Facebook