The 2014 Photo Diary




Once again, a year has passed and the new year is here. Funny how some days you feel like time passes too fast, like when you're with your friends or when you completely lose yourself in doing something you like. And then there are some days you feel like time passes way too slowly, like when you're in class or waiting for the bell to ring so that you can get home. But reality is, time passes by just the same all the time - second after second, minute after minute, hours, days, months and years. Time is relative.

WOAH TOO DEEP QING

No worries! That's just the opening because I'm trying to sound super cool and stuff but no. I'm just here to share with you how 2014 went by for me and there will be very much less words from now on, as it says in the title, it's a photo diary! So be prepared for many, many photos. 

How did I spend my 2014?



FAMILY
Even though we've been really busy through out this year with our own hectic schedules and all, but I'm happy to say that my family still manages to spend time together be it just over dinner or taking a short trip. No year end holiday this time because Papa just got his new job, but spending time at home is nice, too.

FYI: these are photos from our Singapore trip during Mama's birthday. It's not that I only have photos of us during this time but it's that we take a lot of photos here and there so it's pretty hard to find decent photos of us. So family trip photos it is!







HAPPENINGS
Yes, happening because I didn't want to call this subtitle events/projects and happenings sounds cooler. Anyways, June was an extremely busy month because all these happened in that one month!

PJ RALLY 2014: One Love, One Body
I've managed to chair PJ Rally 2014: One Love, One Body along with Jasmine and the amazing bunch of committee that consist of 7 schools across PJ. The coming together of so many people have made it hard but also easy for us to get things done as well. So contradicting, but you get what I mean.

Having this rally was more than just having another event but it was to awaken the youth the importance of being united in one love. There were a lot of ups and downs but God-willing everything went so well and lots of lives have been touched. It was definitely a privilege to serve the people.




Annual Koperasi Camp 2014
This was definitely a camp to remember because not only I was running around being photographer and assistant camp commander, but this minor accident happened where we could have gotten very badly hurt. Cavell, Wei Han and I were starting the fire for the barbecue and our DIY pit got too hot and it exploded right in front of our faces. But thankfully everyone managed to avoid the explosion safely and no one got badly injured. It was scary. Very scary. But besides that, camp went very well despite all the challenges we had to go through till the very last minute. All I can say is that I'm grateful for willing people.


Besides that, I managed to help with being the photographer for CF Camp 2014: U - Turn, emcee ICCHS' International Understanding Day 2014: Metamorphosis and also be number one fangirl for Marcus and Melvin when they visited SIB KL Sentral along with Juwita Suwito and the Fortissimo band.







FRIENDS
W6
This is W6. My other family who I love very much. We may have started off being really awkward and shy around each other, but times have changed and we are so comfortably weird with one another. I'm not even kidding. We've been through a few losses but we've gained so much as well. I'm glad I have these people to call as my CG members.




Science Three
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Science Three of Class 97'. I started off feeling a bit scared because I was going to be stuck with these people for my last 2 years of high school. So it can either go really good, or really bad. But it has gone far better that I expected and these people have become family. Okay, I know that I have said that for my CG also but hey, I have a lot of families. And Science Three is kinda quite literally my family because after our class trip, they've all managed to call my mum 'Mama Wong' just like I do. But long story short, I am more than happy to say that they've played a big part of my high school life. Thank you.






Friends friends friends friends friends
And not forgetting everyone else, too! I'm happy to say that I've managed to have stronger bonds with old friends, meet many, many new ones and even say 'hi' again to the ones I've loved and lost.

5/5 geng sorro: Jasmine, Steph, Bux, Me and Hannah


The lovely girls of the badminton friends: me, Esther, Hong Yung and Zhi Xin.
This is QT3.142 Yu Jun, you all know her.
Chemistry tuition buddies, missing me because Marcus took this when I went to the toilet.
Marcus' school mates who ended up becoming my friends as well!
The AJKs of Koperasi 2013/2014.

Kawan Perempuanku
Last but not least, the only people I seem to hang out with - Bux, Iza, Shin Wei, Stephanie, Cherie, me and also Jun Wen. Yes, Jun Wen is also in the kawan perempuanku gang. Don't ask why.

These people are the ones who have played the biggest part in making life so much more fun. To the infinite amount of inside jokes, forgetting who we told what to, spending hours just talking about anything and everything, being so brutally honest with each other, getting lost in the conversation because everyone tries to talk at the same time, silences that are comfortable enough, no such thing as awkward silences. Never a dull moment with these people. Never ever. 

The funny thing is, we've never had a complete, proper group picture before and I honestly don't know why. Heck, we didn't even get a group picture during prom!








MILESTONES
Seventeen
I turned 17! I won't say much because I've blogged about this before and if you haven't read it yet, click here. Time and time again, I find myself looking back at that post. It's nice to be reminded again about how loved I am.



Graduating
Still feels a bit weird that I don't have to wear my school uniform anymore. No more canteen food, no more round table, no more reading corner, no more overpriced zapfan, no more school socks (not like I ever wore them anyway). I've graduated. Wow.





Anniversary
Marcus and I finally hit our one year anniversary! Or should I say Qingcus turned one. (I don't know. Is Qingcus a thing? Is it really? Does anybody ever really know? Will we ever find out?) It's been the greatest 365 days (and more!) of being girlfriend to one of the many, if not, most amazing person I know - Marcus Leong. I don't want to say much and give you all the details on how much I love him, so here's a picture of us looking the most like two small kids.




SINGING
I thank God for giving me the opportunity of being able to have this gift. I think this year especially, I've been more than blessed to be able to showcase this talent, be it small and big crowds, young and old, leading worship or not.



Ignore that strand of hair. This is why hairspray is essential.



SELF
All in all, 2014 was a great year of many ups and downs. I've grown and learned a lot as usual, but I think this year even more than I usually do every year. Reason being that it was the last year of high school and I was (supposedly) studying for SPM, the (supposedly) most important thing I was to focus on. And at the same time juggle between being an example to the younger ones, being a worship leader, being a responsible CG member, being a good daughter, being a good girlfriend and also growing and sowing in the Lord. Or just being a good person as a whole, or wholesomely good in all areas, or good. Or great.

I was worried that being in a relationship or getting more involved in church ministry was going to distract me from my studies and all but hey, guess who's grades improved after Marcus and I just started getting together? Ok clarification: this is not a legit reason to get into a relationship, I repeat, this is not a legit reason to get into a relationship. Please do not let your parents come after me if they find out I've said this. Maybe I should just delete this whole section before I post this up. Hmm.

Thankfully by the grace of God, I've managed everything pretty well and even have time for myself! Do you know how rare it is for me to have time for myself? Because I've been told that I constantly put other's needs before my own and end up drowning and not having enough for myself. But I'm so very glad that I was able to focus on my own growth, physically, mentally, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.

I would say that 2014 has been a good year for me. A lot of things have come my way, good and bad, but despite all that I can say that I am thankful for what God has planned into my life. I just pray and hope I can say the same about 2015 by the end of the year.

But for those concerned, I'm still the same noob that I was, am and always will be.


I know there's probably a lot more pictures of me out there that should not even be in public, but let's just keep those as something that you and I know, and for some people to find out.



2015?


Bring it.