SICK OF BEING SICK


(This happened on the third week of April, please excuse the lateness)

"You're sick again?" is the only thing people ever ask me most of the time. Of course, there's always the occasional "I like your shirt! Where did you get it?" or "Why is your nose so red?" or "Dude you look reaaaaally tired. What time did you sleep last night?" But most of the time, I get a lot of people asking me about my health.

I don't think I've ever been 100% healthy. Well, not literally 100% because who can do that, really. But throughout my years growing up, I feel like I've either only been very sick, sick or only just sickit-sickit sick (HahaAHAHAah sickit get it oh my I'm hilarious). But as I was saying, for all these years I've just been a generally very weak little girl whose immune system has always given her problems. Having slight fevers and headaches are somewhat common things that happen to me every now and then. But what happened a few days ago was a different story.



For the past couple of weeks, I have been pretty sick. And I mean sick to the point that I've had 3 high fevers in 3 weeks. It scared me a lot. I mean, if having high fevers that often doesn't scare you, then I don't know what will.

I remember coming home on Wednesday feeling extra tired and sleepy, which I thought was just due to me being too full after having an intense sushi date with my friends (I seriously ate a lot of sushi) and also maybe from being too long in the afternoon sun because I had to walk quite far to get to my friend's car. I took a quick shower and crashed on bed. I woke up feeling clammy and disgusting from sweating so much but I felt really cold at the same time. My dad took me to the doctor's the next day and the doctor decided to give me 2 days of MC to rest up at home.

Initially, I was supposed to go for a date with Marcus on Friday but I still wasn't feeling very well so he came over to take care of me instead. We had to make our own lunch because no one else was at home so Masterchef Marcus decided to cook fried rice. So there we were, preparing for lunch when it all went down.



I just finished dicing the french beans when there was a sudden, very sharp pain in my head which I thought was just my normal headaches coming in. Then slowly, I had tunnel vision and all I could see was the beans and the knife on the board. The last thing I remember doing was leaning against Marcus, hearing him say "hey, you okay?" and then everything went white after that.

The next thing I knew, I woke up lying against Marcus with legs folded on the kitchen floor. It felt like I woke up from hours of sleep even though I only went out for a couple of minutes according to Marcus. He then carried me to the living room couch to just rest and get some air. After making sure I was more or less okay, he went back to the kitchen to finish cooking for lunch (Who says only women should be in the kitchen?!).

Me being me, I went to Google what happened to me LOL. From most of what the internet had to say, (which was then confirmed by the doctor) I was already very weak, then having to stand for too long of a time caused really low blood pressure and not enough oxygen flowing into my brain which then lead to the whole greyout.



For the days after that, I got really paranoid. Every time my feet felt a bit shaky, I'd think that I was going to pass out again. Every time I had a slight headache, I'd start looking for a place to sit down or whatever. I know it seems like I was over exaggerating and I admit that I was. But what happened really scared me quite a bit and it's definitely left a mental scar, knowing that it's happened before and that it might happen again.

However with the help of people around me, I've come to realize that yes, it did happen but it only did because I was really sick and yes, it might happen again but I can avoid it by taking better care of myself. So that is basically what happened that day in case you're wondering. I know it's been awhile since but this has been in my drafts for too long now so here you go.


Lesson learnt: always remember to take care of yourself. Health is really one of the most important things that you should prioritise.

And also, if someone has seen you in your worst state, i.e. looking absolutely disgusting with unwashed, bedhead hair, really oily and extra pale face and being super unattractive in a crop top and sweatpants because your body cannot decide whether it's hot or cold, yet still loves you, tells you you're beautiful and decides to take care of you with the best of their ability to make sure you're okay, don't ever let that person go.