Months in Moments: November

Hello from cold, cold Leeds!


1 Nov
Village Park @ Damansara Uptown



The long wait was over.

The girls and I finally managed to squeeze in lunch and a quick dessert to meet up! The lunch was also to surprise Tammy and Deevya with their birthday gifts, and it was funny how we made Tammy bring our gift for Deevya while Fatyn gave Tammy our gift for her.

We're quite cute.

Location:
Village Park Nasi Lemak
5, Jalan SS21/37,
Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
https://g.co/kgs/e9HP9z


4 Nov
Five years



Happy early anniversary to us!

To celebrate Qingcus turning five years old, Marc and I decided to have a nice dinner the weekend before the actual day. We went back and forth trying to choose where to go, and ended up at the Nando's at Tropicana City Mall.

Not only was it our birthday (LOL), the family next to us were celebrating their grandmother's birthday, too! And because we smiled and clapped along with them as they sang her a couple of songs with the father strumming away on his guitar, they offered us two pieces of the birthday cake.

We graciously accepted their cakes and had our dessert before our main meal.

Well, I had dessert before my main meal. Since Marc can't eat cake, I gladly had both the slices to myself!

After dinner, we went back home to make Petit Blocks, of which I edited a quick video of the whole process. Check it out here:


Psst: I'd like to think we're pretty cute.

Also, if you want to try one of these Petit Blocks out, head over to the Daiso at Paradigm! They've got a big collection of the different types of Petit Blocks.


I say this a lot, only because it's true - that we owe it all to the people around us that have helped the two of grow not only individually, but as a couple as well. So, to our village - thank you.

And to you, Marc, you are one of a kind. For sticking by me these five years, for the countless of messages and calls that have been made up of laughter, silence, tears of joy, tears of frustration, times when we had too much to share about our day and times when we asked each other if we had anything else to say. We've been through many ups and downs, but I'm thankful for whatever that has been because it has shaped us into who we are today.

Looking back at all these years, it gets me excited for what's ahead! Especially in this new season of our lives where both of us are venturing into new waters, separated by oceans. Nevertheless, know that you have my heart, you always have and you always will.

Here's to us.

I'm not crying, you're crying.


6 Nov
Sara's 29th


"Eh, very thirsty la," we said. And so, we tapao-ed iced Chinese tea into the car.

Sara turned (almost) thirty two days before this, so we celebrated with some early morning dimsum at SS2 and cendol at Happy Mansion after. Some of us then headed back to my place for PMC, aka Overcooked 2, to just hang out and chill that afternoon.

Location:
Kwong Wah Ice Kacang
Happy Mansion,
Block C, Jalan 17/13,
Section 17,
46400 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
https://g.co/kgs/JtWyjm

Fatty Crab

God is real.

The family wanted to have Fatty Crab for dinner that night, another one of our family favourites.

Remembering that Marc has never tried it prior to this because of his allergy to egg that he's grown out of, I asked if he wanted to meet us there and he immediately said yes.

It was love at first taste.

I say taste, because he licked the curry off the shell of the crab, and as if they aren't normally already big enough, his eyes were wide-opened, glistening almost.

"So good weih!" he exclaimed.

Indeed, it was so good weih.

Fun fact: for my last meal in Malaysia, I asked mama to tapao the fried chicken home for dinner. That's how much we love it.

Location:
Fatty Crab Restaurant
2, Jalan SS24/13,
Taman Megah,
47301 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
https://g.co/kgs/GJ9k1K


11 Nov
Our Monday Motivation


I didn't HUJI cam any part of this day, but no one can forget the day we watched Ben lift a crazy amount of weights and break a couple of world records while he's at it, almost as if he does it on a regular.

Check out the video if you haven't already!


14 Nov
The (sort of) Good Place


This day was supposed to be productive.

I remembered going to sleep the night before this with a list of things I was going to accomplish the next day but I woke up feeling every inch of my body asking me to lie down and rest for the day.

And so that's what I did, while catching up on the latest episodes of The Good Place on Netflix (Highly recommend! It gets a bit repetitive in the middle, but it's worth the watch).


16 Nov
Acha


Indian rice with Marc and Lim.

Location:
Acha Curry House
271, Jalan 5/51,
Bukit Gasing,
46000 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
https://g.co/kgs/oHB5mp


17 Nov
X-rays



As part of the VISA requirements to head over (or should I say come over) to UK, I needed to do a tuberculosis (TB) test which included a chest x-ray.

I planned to head to the clinic by myself, but mama tagged along. And I'm glad she did, or else I wouldn't have caught her laughing her head off at the lap cheonglap yuk, lap ap, and lap sap meme she found on the subtle asian traits Facebook group.

The usual after-dinner-PS4-sessions with the boys.


18 Nov
T(hair)-apy


One of my top five feelings in the world in no particular order include going to the toilet after holding in pee for a long time, getting a curly fry in the mountain of normal fries from McD, finishing off all the pearls and the bubble tea at the same time, putting on makeup and getting ready to go out after a whole week of being a couch potato and getting my hair washed at the salon.

Every time I head back to Gopeng, I make it a point to get my hair washed. This time, though, I wasn't at Gopeng. I just wanted a nice head massage that comes with the hair wash.

Sara's 24th


So many birthdays!

Before heading over to Sara Soo's birthday party, Marc and I were actually at another friend's (hi Darren!) surprise birthday dinner. Though we needed to be at two places at once, we're glad we were able to spend some quality time with both of the birthday people and our friends.


19 Nov

Marc and Ben took me out for Ayam Goreng McD.


20 Nov
Breakfast @ Thong Kee


It was Vision Day. And as always, before any NextGen or church-wide event, the few of us will get up early in the morning to fuel ourselves up with a hearty breakfast.

We often do it at the coffee shop at the end of the row of shops at Digital Mall (whose name I can never remember for the life of me), but this time we headed to Thong Kee for their coffee and their toast and kaya. Mmm.

Location:
Thong Kee Cafe Sea Park
33, Jalan 21/1,
Sea Park,
46300 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
https://g.co/kgs/jCgTuN


21 Nov
Uber Qing


Sara had a doctor's appointment to head to so I offered to be her Uber that day.

Georgia




I sat down at the door of the Leong home and propped my laptop on my, well, lap.

Georgia peeped at my screen, sat down and looked at me for a little while. Then she looked away into the distance for the rest of the time...all as if she knew that I was sending out and replying my emails with regards to my exchange to Leeds.


23 Nov
Devi's Corner



Marc had practice and soundcheck around Bangsar that afternoon so Ben and I went to visit him for a quick lunch in between. And yes, I know, banana leaf rice again.

Oh, almost forgot to mention - for those of you who haven't been here before, remember to head upstairs for the banana leaf rice!

Location:
Devi's Corner Bangsar*
14, Jalan Telawi 4,
Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur.
https://g.co/kgs/76s26k

*edit: I mistook this place for Nirwana's, oops.


24 Nov
GENesis' Missional Project




For the whole months of November and December, each NextGen CG had to plan a missional project to carry out that will bless the community. So, GENesis decided to help paint the rooms of a rehab centre under DUMC!

That Saturday afternoon, the person-in-charge gave us the tools, paint buckets and instructions on what to do and we were off! I could hear from room to room, different ones taking charge, discussing on what to do, sharing the load of the work with one another and playing music while they were at it, too!

The kids really outdid themselves that day. I cannot ask for more than that.

Waka Waka Gelato @ Pokok, PJ MAHSA University




Instead of heading to Piccoli Lotti for dessert that Saturday, we decided to pay a visit to Waka Waka Gelato, the brainchild of Marie, one of our NextGen leaders!

Location:
Waka Waka Gelato
MAHSA Avenue, Block B,
Jalan Elmu, off,
Jalan Universiti,
59100 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.
https://g.co/kgs/xXGgmY


25 Nov

KonMarie even before it was trending.


27 Nov
A visit to KL




I had an appointment with the VISA people at Wisma MCA that afternoon. Again, I planned to head there on my own but mama came along with me, too. We then walked across to have her favourite yong tau foo for lunch, but it was unfortunately closed. So, we settled for the other uncle's beef ball noodles instead.

Ain't no party like a pokébowl party





That's right - we prepared our very own DIY pokébowl right at home!

It was a whole lot of fun cooking and preparing everything in making sure that we had the perfect pokeébowl dinner that night. From cooking the rice, to prepping the salmon, the six of us plus Lu packed out the kitchen, reading out instructions from my laptop, picking the right music, then turning off the music because we couldn't hear the instructions being read out loud. 

After a couple of hours of ingredients and utensils sprawled across the working spaces, we managed to serve a pretty impressive spread.

We followed this video to season our salmon, but as Malaysian as we are, we agak-agaked here and there with the ratio of everything. Add to taste!


29 Nov
Massage


Marc and I have been waiting since forever, and the day finally arrived when the two of us managed to find a pocket of time that afternoon for a full body massage.

Man, nothing feels better than having someone get rid of the knots that I've been accumulating over the past few months. Also, it makes for a funny experience to hear the massage lady repeating herself twice after realising that Marc had fallen asleep.

Location:
Healthland Bandar Utama
Bandar Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
https://g.co/kgs/C1HJNx


One more left to go! Let's see if I can get it up before this week ends.