Food trip | Food Foundry

Today for lunch, I had the chance to experience how being an only child feels like because my sister went out and my brother didn't want to wake up. And so it was up to me to decide what was for lunch and I thought of Food Foundry! Since I've been wanting to go try it out and I was in the mood for a food trip (because studying is taking it's toll on me and stress eating is the best way I can deal with it).

Food Foundry is located at Seksyen 17, Happy Mansion, occupying 3 shoplots below some apartments and it's also next to a laundromat. We found the place and had a bit of trouble finding a table because there were a lot of people there. But in the end they gave us a reserved space in the other shop lot for Mama, Papa and I.





It's an open air space with lots of fans around to make sure you don't end up sweating like crazy. I like the fact that their tables and chairs were mixed and matched around (but you can't really see it here because I didn't take enough pictures. Sorry!) and the simple decorations and all made it very cosy and comfortable.


This was Mama's meal! Quarter roast chicken leg with carrots, zucchini, criss cut fries and sauce by the side. The chicken was a bit dry for my liking but that's what the sauce is there for! Mama said that the carrots were too hard and the zucchinis were too soft. And the fries were well, fries. Who can go wrong with fries?


This was Papa's dish. Butter fish with lots of fruits and veges by the side. I liked this one a lot because the fish was super yummy and the fruits and veges matched went very well with the fish, too! My favorite dish from lunch today.


And this was my choice for lunch today, salmon alfredo with mushrooms and asparagus. For someone who doesn't like creamy pasta, I have no idea why I chose this. It was very creamy (duh) and I got jelak of it halfway through the dish. Go for it if you like creamy pasta, really do not go for it if you don't. Learn from my mistake. But thankfully I had my mum and my dad's meal to switch with from time to time so it wasn't that bad. Other than the fact that it was super creamy, the whole dish tasted pretty good and the mushrooms were really yummy so it's all good.

Apparently the mille crepe cakes here were 'to die for' (as seen of many, many food reviews), so we decided to have a slice just to try it out. There were many flavors to choose from, vanillia, chocolate, blueberry, strawberry and all that, and Papa picked mango.



Maybe it was because of the pasta, or maybe it was because of the choice of flavor, the cake was only okay to me. The taste grows on you after a few bites but I guess I expected more. I think personally if I didn't have the pasta that already made me feel super jelak and if we picked a more, so to say, normal flavor like vanilla, I would've enjoyed it much more. But don't let me stop you from trying it! To each his own, so go ahead and be adventurous if you ever go there one day.

All in all, I would say it was a not too bad experience just to try out something different. but I had a good time with these two just goofing around.



"Yay this is me and my food!" Mama, everybody.

"I want to try and take photo also," said Papa after looking at me take photos of our food.




More food hunting and adventure time soon, but for now, SPM is in my way so I'll have fun with that first. Have a blessed week ahead!

**

Food Foundry
BG-8, Happy Mansion, Jalan 17/13, Seksyen 17, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: 03-79553885 / 03-7932 2322
FacebookTwitterInstagram