Portugal & Spain Outfit Diary

Every year, we Wong's make it a point to go on a family trip. And so for last year, we decided to head to Portugal and Spain for 10 days, following a tour!

I'll spare you the complete word for word detail on what we did exactly, but you can check out the vlog I put together on my YouTube right here. It is also a bit much to post all the photos we took during the trip, so I thought I'd switch it up by having an outfit diary instead.




National Palace of Pena, Lisbon, Portugal.

Praca de Commercio, Lisbon, Portugal.

Day 1: Black cape (Taiwan), red infinity scarf (N/A), white knitted top (H&M), dark blue high-waisted jeans (H&M), white sneakers (H&M). 


Discoveries Monument, Lisbon, Portugal.


Jeronimos Monastery, Lisbon, Portugal.

When you see a real-life emoji..

Day 2: Black scarf (H&M), wine red long-sleeved top (H&M), skirt (China), tights (H&M), ankle boots (Tangs).



Plaza de Espana, Seville, Spain.

Day 3: Black coat (my sister's), grey scarf (H&M), turtle neck grey short-sleeved top (Mirrorcle), denim skirt (Trxple), tights (H&M), ankle boots (Tangs).


Santa Cruz, Tenerife, Spain.

Day 4: Black bomber jacket (Berskha), long-sleeved blue shirt (my sister's), grey sweater (H&M), grey skater skirt (H&M), tights (H&M), ankle boots (Tangs).


Alameda del Tajo, Ronda, Spain.

Me in my natural state of noob.

Day 5: Red infinity scarf (N/A), black coat (my sister's), black flared sleeve top (Dorothy Perkins), light washed high waisted jeans (H&M), white sneakers (H&M).


La Alhambra, Granada, Spain.


Day 6: Olive green bomber jacket (Bershka), black scarf (H&M), light pink-purple knitted top (Tapas), black jeggings (H&M), ankle boots (Tangs).


Plaza del Toros, Madrid, Spain.

Day 7: Leather jacket (Pimkie, bought in Spain), black-grey-white scarf (my sister's), dark blue high-waisted jeans (H&M), ankle boots (Tangs).



Madrid, Spain.

Day 8: Leather jacket (Pimkie), baby pink cropped sweater (Monki), black high-waisted pencil skirt (H&M), tights (H&M), ankle boots (Tangs).


Park Guell, Barcelona, Spain.

Day 9: Leather jacket (Pimkie), grey scarf (H&M), red halter neck dress (Topshop), tights (H&M), ankle boots (Tangs).



La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain.

Day 10: Leather jacket (Pimkie), grey sweater (H&M), dark blue high-waisted jeans (H&M), white sneakers (H&M).


Me in my natural habitat.


"Dei, you everyday like fashion show wei."

And it's true!

If you were already following me on Instagram during that period of time, I was posting photos almost everyday and everyday it's a different outfit. But if you notice, I'm recycling my clothes most of the time, a good majority of them are sale items from H&M (lol sponsor me pls jk) and some of them I even exchanged with Mama and Lu during the entire trip.

I ain't no fashionista and I don't splurge on clothes all the time (I'm on a no buy until end of June, man. Pray for me), but it's all in working with what you have and just feeling good about what you pieced together.


Don't covet. Whatever you see on Instagram is more often than not just from their highlights reel. No one looks that good all the time. Exhibit A: yours truly. Underneath the makeup, hair and outfits, even with all these Instagrammable photos and poses, I am shamelessly a complete noob. So, learn to laugh at yourself. You'll enjoy it a lot more.

Spend wisely. Be cheapskate and save money when it's possible. But, don't forget to allow yourself to spend when you deserve a reward! I can't begin to describe how accomplished I felt when I bought myself a pair of sneakers that I have been wanting to get for a long, long time after saving and earning myself some dollah dollah bills.


I hope you enjoyed looking at my face. You'll see it again soon.