Clarity.




So for some of you who might not know, the gift of singing has been blessed upon me to compensate for all the other things that I cannot do, so that I have at least my singing to fall back on. 

Kidding, I'm not that mean to myself! But in all seriousness, it is something that I am always ever so grateful for because time and time again, I get to be a blessing with my own blessings. How cool is that?! Time and time again, my friends tell me how my random mini covers via voice note on Whatsapp makes their day hundred times better (and it depends on my mood I guess because sometimes I do sing properly and all but most of the time it's me singing loudly off key just for fun and just because I can hehe) and it gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

It was the end of the first week of trials and I just felt really uptight, stressed, drained and everything in between due to a week-long of the endless nights-of-no-sleep-and-then-gaining-it-back-given-I-have-extra-time-left-during-the-papers-on-the-next-day (which means no sleep technically because CHS' papers will give you migraines after you're done with them) cycle which has not ended as of yet. I desperately needed some stress relief and or something to get my mind off studies for a bit. So I took out the iPad, YouTube-d backing tracks, took out my phone, started recording a cover and...




...voila! The birth of my very first, proper cover for public to hear. Besides the Give Love A Try one, if you can ignore that, please do because it was such a noob cover. So bad. God knows why I even put it up in the first place, really. But what is done is done. And plus, my Clarity cover can have a new friend so not all is at loss I guess!

I remember having double digit plays and it made me happy enough but it didn't stop there. Likes started coming in, Reposts and Downloads even! I am very pleasantly surprised with the Downloads because wow, there are people who have my voice on their phones, desktop, iPad or whatever they used to download it with. Ah, the wonders of the internet.

One thing though, I keep replaying it* and I just keep finding small issues with it like pitching and notes that were off-key and my breathing and all that, then I feel a lil' sad after that because it wasn't as perfect as I wanted it to be. But then I remembered that it doesn't have to be perfect, as long I am doing what I love and as long as other people love it, too, I don't need to worry about all those little things.

*{ disclaimer: BUT I did not replay it for a hundred times on my own and total it to be that number because Soundcloud doesn't work that way. Each play is counted on each different device, which means that I can replay it for 293841 times on my phone but it will still only count as once. So the numbers there means it has been played that many times on that many devices, which amazes me every time I check. Like, woah. }

All in all, I thank God for giving me this opportunity to use this gift of mine to share the joy I get when I sing, to the people who feel the same joy when they hear me sing. It's pretty amazing. And having so many different people with their encouraging words, people whose heart are made of gold, some of them people who are thousand times better than I am, I am thoroughly blessed, from the top of my head to the end of my tippy toes.


Here's for more covers to come! Not until after trials though, (one week left!!) or maybe until I have more time. But you will hear me again some time soon, no doubt about that. Until then, thank you for being you and have a great week ahead.


"Eh please, your singing makes people happy and I'm sure everyone agrees. So, keep spreading your annoyingly contagious joy to the people around you. Keep being a blessing. Don't stop."

**