Hello 2016

First of all, happy new year! A bit late, I know.

I haven't written anything here in a such a long time. But to start of the new year, what better way to do it than to share my resolutions for 2016?



1. Have a stronger walk with God
Last year, I managed to do it for a few weeks but eventually I just got lazy. It was more of doing it out of convenience when I had the time to or when I felt like doing it. But despite the few times I actually sat down to read the Bible, even then He's revealed things to me.

So for this year, I'd like to be more consistent in reading His word and doing my devotions. And I thank God for the past week, He's really been speaking into my life with what He has to say for me. Prayerfully, I'll manage to keep it up for the rest of the year.


2. Spend more time with family
I want to make more time for my family. I've realised that I've been going out so much for dinner with my friends that I haven't been spending a lot of time with my parents and my siblings. And even with our extended family, we've hardly only met each other during special occasions when we used to gather every now and then.

So, I'm making it a point to spend quality time with my family. Whether it be going out to eat, shopping or catching movies and simple things like that. Also, I will tell them I appreciate and love more often.


3. Work even harder for my studies
SAM has been treating me well since I've started in July. I honestly have never felt so content with how my results are looking like and it feels a bit weird. I guess because through out high school I've never been the best at my studies so it has always been a very meh thing for me. But seeing my results for my first semester so far for my first SATs, it makes me think, "Hey, I'm actually not that bad at all."

Now I'm more confident in knowing that I do know my stuff and that I can actually be of help to my other friends. People have told me that I do have the potential to do better as long as I work harder, and that's what I want to do. I've never believed it myself. But I want to tap into that potential that everyone else sees and work even harder than I did. Hopefully this will last until the actual finals this year end!


4. Write more consistently
There have been times when I'm laying in bed feeling bored and then I decide to take a look back at my old posts. As I read, I smile a lot. I think back about being in those moments and helps me soak in the bit of happiness it makes me feel. Of course, not forgetting the more thoughtful posts where I share my heart here. Reading those makes me think about how much I've grown from there.

So this is me, wanting to write more consistently - be it about the more happening things, pour-my-heart-out moments, mini photo diaries or anything at all, so long as it is of quality and helps me be that much more grateful whenever I look back at them. And if it lets you get to know me better, too, why not?


5. Take better care of my health
If you know me, you'll know that I'm always (and I mean always) sick. So this is my super simple-sounding yet hardest-to-achieve resolution that I've made. I want to be more aware of how my body is feeling, how it reacts to different things, know when I need to rest, get enough sleep everyday, drink a lot more water, watch what I eat, know when too much is too much for my body to take. And yes, more practically, I want to go out and exercise a lot more. Like, a lot more.


6. Be more intentional with my relationships
Not the kind of relationship where you think it's about Qingcus, but about the kind of relationships I have with everyone around me.

I read this article that I clicked onto by a coinkydoink with the title "I Should Be Engaged" (like I said, not about Marcus and myself. CALM DOWN). She worded everything perfectly. It was exactly how I felt about my relationship with God, with other people and about the things I'm doing on a daily basis.

I don't want to merely ask someone, "How is your day?" in efforts of making idle conversation anymore. I don't want to ask, "How have you been?" just to cut off silence with whatever we have to say to each other. I don't want to find out, "What did you do last weekend?" for the sake of just a mere update on life.

Conversations need to be meaningful in getting to know what a person is like. Questions like, who is his or her role model in life, why is Japanese their favorite food, how come they've never liked playing sports, why is painting their hobby, how did they decide what they wanted to do in the future, what they feel their purpose in life is and all that. There is no such thing as knowing someone enough. You'll learn something new about the person everyday. Trust me.



There you have it! These are the few things that have really been tugging at my heart. So, with all that has been said, I am committing my 110% into making these resolutions come to pass. And of course with more consistent writing, we will find out whether or not I manage to accomplish most, if not all, of these goals.




Here's to looking forward to a great new start for 2016! What are your resolutions?